6/22/08

Happy Birthday, Dad!




Here is a card that I made a few weeks ago for my Dad's 70th birthday (June 19th) that we celebrated today, so I am now able to post it. I used Loads of Love, one of my favorite older SU! stamp sets, and Spring Breeze DSP. I used heat and stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top of my stamped image to give it that extra sparkle! It is hard to tell from this pic, but I also colored in my Silver Hodgepodge brads with Orange and Navy Sharpies (New tip from Patty Bennett!). My dad is a truck man so I knew he would like this stamp set. This DS paper has become one of my fave color combos and I will be sad if it is on the retired accessories list.

I hope my dad was happy with his birthday gifts; I know he enjoyed his garlic prawns from Las Casuelas. Before we took him out to eat, we gave him his gifts. (Will post a pic later) I found a really neat black metal truck sculpture for his front yard and I loaded up the bed of the truck with his gifts (will post photo later). He received "The Bucket List" DVD, a new photo album for his old pics, (he had them in a horrible sticky paged album...not acid free!), a box of the new White Chocolate Mint M & M's, and a custom CD that Lindsey and I made from Itunes. We called it "Bob's Tune-Up Garage" and included 23 songs that are about cars, trucks, racing, etc. I used a photo of a restored Flying A Gas Station in Oregon for the cover. My grandpa used to own a Flying A gas station in Oregon many years ago. I photoshopped the name "Bob's Tune up Garage" on the picture so it looked like that was the name of the station. (See pic above). I also gave him a framed picture of the lighthouse that is in the town he was born in, Port Orford, Oregon (also posted above). The lighthouse is on Cape Blanco which happens to be the farthest western point in the United States (a little geography lesson for you)! He also got a newspaper birthday greeting in last Sunday's Modesto Bee which I posted a preview of last month.
It was a good weekend for me and what makes is even better is that I am on vacation this week.....wooooohooooo!!!!! Yesterday was awesome because my good friend Tia and I drove to Hercules to attend one of Patty Bennett's classes. We made an awesome project (which you can currently view on her blog here: http://pattystamps.typepad.com. I will post a pic of mine later. She invited us to join her and her other students/friends for dinner (which I would have loved) but we had to get back to the valley early. We had a great time and she is such a wonderful teacher. I learned a lot from her and I will definitely sign up for more classes.
That's all for now. Lindsey is fighting me for the computer so she can play her Sims game and I have to get to work on some more recipe swaps. Ciao!



No comments: