6/29/08

Saturday Night Recipe Swap First Look

Last night the girlfriends and I met for our 2nd Saturday Night Recipe Swap. Tia hosted the event at her lovely home and this time we pre-made our swaps but did bring one home cooked recipe that we were swapping, so that we could sample some of the delicious recipes. Everything was excellent and we scarfed up Tia's fabulous Strawberry Punch, which you will see the recipe for later in this post. Here are my 2 recipe swaps and I ended up making both of them for the girls to try. All of the cardstock is SU! as are most of the designer paper and decorative elements. I tried to make a lobster from punches, but it just was not happening, so I ended up using a photo of the Red Lobster sign. My inspiration for the Mediterranean pasta salad layout was a skirt that was worn by the main character in the movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" during the scenes filmed in Greece. I just thought these bright colors and the beaded embellishment really touched on the seaside culture in Greece.


No comments: