7/5/08

No projects, just a great read!

I thought I would take a break from posting about stamp projects (because I have been stamping all day) and chat a bit about a wonderful book that I read a few weeks ago. If you know me, then you know that I often pick up a book because the cover intrigues me and that is true with this novel but the summary on the back was even more intriguing. I picked it up at B&N a few weeks back and then put it down again, but I kept thinking about it and went back for it a few days later. I was not sorry that I purchased it. Here is an excerpt from the back : "The Waverleys have always been a curious family, endowed with peculiar gifts that make them outsiders even in their hometown of Bascom, North Carolina. Even their garden has a reputation. For the Waverly history is in the soil. And so are their futures". There are 4 main characters in this book, Claire and Sydney, elderly cousin Evanelle, and an apple tree from which apples that predict the future are produced. This is one of the most magical stories that I have read in a very long time. I am not usually one for books that are a bit fantasy like, and I haven't liked one since "Practical Magic", but this book was fantastic. It kind of reminds me of the female bonds and mystical storyline of "Practical Magic" but with a lot more warmth involved. This book will truly cast a spell on anyone who picks it up, so I highly encourage everyone to do so.

No comments: