9/28/08

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Today I turn the big 40 and in honor of that some of my closest friends and I went to a movie, dinner and a concert last night. It was great fun. We saw "My Best Friend's Girl" with Kate Hudson and Dane Cook. It was okay with some really funny parts. We had a late lunch at BJ's Brewhouse (gotta have the Chocolate Chip Pizookie...yum) and then we capped off the evening with a trip to Shoreline Amphitheater to see Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey. Yes, I was a teenager in the 80's. Cheap Trick was good, Heart was awesome and Journey was great with their new lead singer, Arnel. He has really brought a youthful energy to the group and his voice is very similar to Steve Perry.
Anyway, the card above was made by my sisterfriend, Ruby. Isn't it adorable? She used my fave new paper, Bella Rose, and a layout that she learned from Angie at Stamp Camp. I would show you Tia's card, but I left it in Ruby's car.
I do, however, have a pic of the beautiful CD Holder that Tia made for our party bags. She made a cd of Cheap Trick, Heart and Journey's greatest hits and it turned out really nice. Below is a shot of the inside.
The 6x6 pages below were made by Ruby for our party bags. We make these for each other so we can put our birthday pics in a special scrapbook. I thought these were super cute and can't wait to add my pictures to them as soon as I get them from Ruby's camera.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad that you had a good time with your friends.