10/19/08

Stamp 'n' Share Sunday

I recently went in on a chipboard coaster share with a fellow demonstrator (Thanks, Pam Sanchez!) so I decided to pull them out last night and make something! This is what I came up with: a cute little wall hanging using my favorite new stamp set, Season of Friendship. This set will be available in the Holiday Mini until January 18th. I used another item from the Holiday mini: Autumn Vine Designer Series paper. This is the perfect paper for fall, but I also used it in case I wanted to keep this project for myself. You see my living room walls are painted Sage Shadow and this matches perfectly! I never keep my home decor projects, they are usually gifts for someone else, but I just might keep this one since it matches so well!
On the piece above I used one of our new chipboard frames, the True Friend Stamp from one of our Level 1 Hostess sets (it fits perfectly inside the new scalloped sqaure punch, which I used but then cut into thirds, the other 2 parts of the image make up the mustard scallop border on top of the Sage DSP). The DSP adheres very nicely to the chipboard coaster when you use our Tombow glue. I just smear it all over the coaster and then place the paper on top. The coasters measure 4" x 4" exactly so it is very east to size the paper. I have found that the corner rounder punch that was retired last year works better than our current one, it is rounder. I simply use one of our sanding blocks very quickly on the edges, and voila, I have my background piece ready to decorate!
On the next piece I used the tree, leaves and bird from Seasons of Friendship and then made my little flowers from Autumn Vine DSP using the Birds & Blooms Big Shot Dies.
The final piece features more Autumn Vine DSP as well as our new Alpine Grosgrain Ribbon and a cute little flower made from the circle and edge scallop punches. I added a little extra by paper piercing above and below the sentiment and topped it of with a brad and leaves from the Birds & Blooms Big Shot Die. The colors featured in this project are Sage Shadow, Choc Chip, More Mustard, Really Rust and Whisper White. I aged the Whisper White pieces a bit by sponging Choc Chip lightly around the edges. I think this project will be great for our December Stamp Tramp Meeting. The girls will enjoy making this really unique and easy gift item. Thanks for looking and have a great week!

2 comments:

Anita said...

What a beautiful wall hanging! I agree it should stay at your house.

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

I just posted a comment on SCS.

I think this is such a pretty wall hanging...it's nice to see the close ups on your blog. I love all the details!!!