12/4/08

Stamp Retreat Shoebox Project

Here is my shoebox project for our Stamper's Retreat a few weeks ago. If you are not familiar with a shoebox project here is what it means: You design a project and then you prepare supplies, stamps and cardstock for however many people are going to be in your class or group and you stick it all in a shoebox. You then take it to your meeting, class or get-together and everyone gets to make each other's projects.

This card was mine and it featured the butterfly, bumblebee and script stamps from the set "Flores Suaves" that is in our spanish catalog "Celebrando Creatividad". I love this set because of the butterfly and bee and also because of the script stamp (very similar to "French Script" from a couple of years ago, but in spanish). I paired the set with Not Quite Navy Ink and CS, Patterns DSP in Pirouette Pink and Baja Breeze and I used the Top Note die for the Big Shot. I used a "Pretty in Pink" marker to outline the edge of the Top Note and then added 2 way glue and pink chunky glitter. I stamped one of the butterflies on vellum and cut it out and stuck it on with a dimensional just to make it pop. I topped it all off witha piece of Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. I was really pleased with this card and the girls voted it their fave in the contest at the retreat which made me really happy as these ladies are super-stampers and awesome designers themselves.

They are so awesome, in fact, that they designed and created this banner using Bella Rose DSP and the Pennant die for the Big Shot. How cool is that? I snapped a pic of some of the ladies standing on the balcony of the cabin with the banner. From left: Kim, Patricia, Carissa, Pam, Bev, Angie and Karen. What a great group of stampers!



1 comment:

Anita said...

I love the butterfly card more every time I see it. Have a great day!