12/6/08

Still Lovely As A Tree!


So here is my "Lovely as a Tree". As I pulled out this set a few weeks ago, I was thinking about my Grandma Gladys and her white Christmas Tree. She had this tree and I swear it must have been from the 50's or 60's. It was artificial and white and very strange looking to me. The ornaments were bright and some were pink and some were blue. I loved it. Who knew then that those trees and colors would make such a huge comeback. Everywhere I go now, I see artificial trees of pink, blue, white, heck, I even saw a black one at Borders Books tonight. When I see those trees I think of Grandma and I miss her so much. The whole Perkins side of the family would gather at her house on Christmas Eve and eat and open presents. It was so magical. So this card is dedicated to my Grandma and her funky tree (which would now be considered vintage). Merry Christmas, Grandma. We miss you.
Supplies: All Stampin' Up!, Not Quite Navy CS, Sweet Always DSP, Lovely as a tree & Cute and Curly Stamp Sets. Top Note Die, Pretty in Pink Marker, Not Quite Navy Stamp Pad, Encore Silver Stamp Pad, Curly Label Punch, Pink Round Rhinestone Brads and of course, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter1

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful card and great story. I love how you edge everything in pink.