1/11/09

Always......

So anyone that knows me well knows that I just love, love, love bird images. Which is why this stamp set, "Always" is my favorite. When I first laid eyes on the new "Raspberry Tart" DSP I cold envision my bird on that paper. I put my vision to work and these 2 cards are what I came up with. The card above features the color combo of Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss and Regal Rose, but it also features......CONTRABAND!!!! What is CONTRABAND you ask? CONTRABAND is Non-SU! product. I have really tried hard to keep this blog geared toward SU! product exclusively but this layout was just screaming for an embossed background. I used the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Floral Fantasy" which I ran thru my SU Big Shot. The little leave branches are punched with a Martha Stewart punch from the M store. I know, I know, it is CONTRABAND as well, but it just looks so pretty with the bird! Soon SU will have it's own embossing plates but I didn't just put that on my blog did I? Oops! I also used our scallope edge punch on the DSP and topped everything off with our Filigree Flower Brad and Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon.
The card below uses basically the same color combo but I added our Boho Blooms Background Stamp and sponged the edge of the Whisper White CS with Kiwi Kiss. One neat little thing that I added was Pink Taffeta Ribbon that I stamped with Rose Red ink using the branch image from the "Always" set. All of our Taffeta Ribbons take ink very well, so you can pretty much stamp anything you want on them. I again cheated and used the MS Branch punch but you won't tell, right? That's it for today....Hope my new catty arrives soon so I can share with all of you!



2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! From what I am hearing the embossing with the Big Shot will not be contraband. :) I can't wait to see all the new goodies.

Tia J said...

Those cards are super cute.