2/22/09

Hello Stampers!

I am back after a short hiatus due to my non-stamping life. I spent all of last Sunday cleaning out my craft room and I am still not done. One thing that I did do in the process of cleaning was misplace the projects that were made at stamp camp. I had not taken any pics of the actual cards yet and I must have organized really well because now I cannot find them. What I did find, however, is that I do not have enough space in my room to hold all of my stuff, so I have more work to do before it becomes user friendly. When I locate and photograph the stamp camp projects I will post them for you to see.
That said, I did take some pics today of the projects that I had for my stamp club girls yesterday. The top card features "Cheep Talk", a brand new, stinkin' cute set from the Spring catty and "Good Morning Sunshine", which is the coordinating Designer Series Paper. This card is a total CASE from one of my stampin' idols, Dawn Easton. She is one of the blogs that I follow, so If you want to check her out, just click on the link on the right side of the screen.
The next card features "Parisian Breeze" textured DSP and I love it! This DSP is awesome. It is very thick, like premium cardstock and is double sided AND textured. This is a variation on a card that I saw at Bev's and made at Kim's. It originally had one layer of of scalloped DSP, but to add a little more brown, I punched another layer with our cool new Eyelet Scallop Edge Punch. Bev and Kim both made their cards with the new Sizzix Mover and Shaker Die for Big Shot, but I don't have that one yet, so I improvised with my curly label punch. The Sizzix die is awesome because it cuts and scores the entire card and the die for the curly label window is magnetic and can be moved around for placement wherever you want. This card is what we call "stupid simple". It is so simple that it is stupid. This card took, like 3 minutes to make, so it would make a great swap card or an invitation card, just change the sentiment.


The final card that I am sharing with you today was inspired by this card:
http://kweenbee.typepad.com/kweenbee/2009/01/my-favorite.html made by
Kris at Kween Bee Creations, another one of my fave blogs.
I changed the colors, ran my background piece thru the Big Shot using one of the SU Texturz Plates and added some taffeta ribbon, new colored flower brad, and one our single stamps, "Happy Birthday to You" and topped it all off with Dazzlin' Diamonds, of course. This card is super easy and got rave reviews. In fact all of the cards that the girls made were quick and easy. I think we had one of the shortest stamp club meetings ever! Well, that is it for now. I have more to share this week, I made a ton of cards today to display at the open house of my best friend and brand new downline, Ruby. I was a card makin' fool today and I even did 5 loads of laundry while I stamped.
I have lots to do to help Ruby prep for her open house, but I am so excited for her! You would think this was my own open house the way we have been brainstorming and taking notes. I don't think we have talked this much since we worked together. One more of my selfish reasons to get her to be a demo, more BFF time!


No comments: