2/28/09

Just Buzzin' By....


Hello stampers!
My card today is one that I made to display at my friend Ruby's first open house next weekend. She is showcasing one of her favorite sets: Just Buzzin' By. It is new to our catalog and a favorite of many. I used So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum as my color combo. I decided to make these little Beeple (bees + people = beeple) purple just to change it up a bit. They are all buzzin' around the honey pot which was stamped and cut out of the polka dot print from "Tea Party" DSP. The reverse side of the polka dot print is the floral print tht I used on the background. I used a top note cut from the Big Shot as my focal point. I added a piece of our new white organza ribbon and topped everything off with dazzling diamonds glitter, of course.
By the way, Tia and I found this adorable beehive cake at Save Mart. It has honey dripping down the side and has bees sprinkled all over it. It matches the stamp set perfectly so we ordered it for Ruby's open house. I will snap a pic next weekend to share. It is so stinkin' cute!
Gotta go finish my gift exchange project for my stampin' buddy, Linda, in South Carolina. I will share what she sent me in my next post.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Cute card! I love your purple bee people. Have fun next week. Look forward to seeing the cake.