3/24/09

Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge #119




Hello Stampers!
Here is my submission for this week's challenge over at Diva Coffee Break Designs. The challenge was for the layout pictured above and I went out of my color comfort zone and used some bright ones this time.
The combo is YoYo Yellow, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White. The large sentiment is from "All Holidays" and the small one is from "All Ovals" which will be available on April 1st in the new mini catalog. I ran my YoYo Yellow cardstock base as well as my Tempting Turqoise strip through the Big Shot using the daisy background Texturz plate. The daisy and butterflies were also cut using the Big Shot, I used Pink Flamingo DSP for those. The oval piece behind the daisy was punched using the Wide Oval punch and the small circle behind the Flower Brad popped out of the daisy after it came out of my Big Shot. I added a couple of yellow flower brads and finally, our brand new white satin ribbon, which is a dream to tie a bow with! This will also be available on April 1st. Watch for tomorrow's post, as I will use the same ribbon with a twist! You can check out the other Diva's Designs here: http://divacoffeebreakdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/dcbd-challenge-119.html
Edited to add: Silly me, I did not read the challenge the whole way through, so I did not use Sale-a-bration product on my card, but I liked how it turned out anyway!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Lorraine Toll said...

I love this card Julie. I love all the bright vibrant colors you used. I have a hard time to stepping out of my color comfort. TFS

Ilse Vargas said...

Very nice card! I love the combinations of colours that you did. Thanks for playing! Greetings.