3/29/09

LIve, Laugh, Love


Hello Stampers!
Here is a card that I made this week while on vacation (actually a stay-cation, since we stayed home this time). It was inspired by this card by the great Andrea Walford:
Okay, I totally cased it, except I changed up the colors to match the new "A Walk in the Park" Designer series paper. I also used the "Great Friend" stamp set instead of Upsy Daisy, because I wanted to feature products from the upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog. I just got the Scalloped Oval Bigz Die for the Big Shot as part of my recruiting bonus (thanks, Ruby!) and I really like it. The center of the oval and the scalloped frame part come out as 2 separate pieces so you can change out the colors. Pretty cool. I think my second fave Bigz die (#1 is Beautiul Butterflies, of course) is the Flower Daisies #2. I have done so much with those flowers already and I have a special project that I used them on that I will share with you in another post. I love how the small half pearl from the Pretties Kit fits perfectly in the Baja Breeze Flower Button from Button Bouquet. Thanks, Andrea, for that little tip! Hope you all enjoy this sunny, blustery Sunday and I must now get ready for a family BBQ at my in-law's house.
Supplies used: Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral Whisper White and Basic Gray CS. Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral and Basic Gray Stamp Pads. A Walk in the Park DSP. Great Friend Stamp Set. Live, Love, Laugh stamp from On Your Birthday set. Small half pearls and Clear Rhinestone Brads from Pretties Kit. Button Bouquet. Beautiful Butterflies and Flower Daisies #2 Bigz dies for Big Shot. Whisper White Satin Ribbon. Crop-a-dile (to punch holes in oval scallop).

2 comments:

Anita said...

Cute card! Another die to add to my long wish list.

Lorraine Toll said...

Beautifull Card.. Everything I love put together into one. Your awesome. I'm right there with Anita another die to add to my list too. TFS