3/17/09

More Stamp Club Projects

Hello stampers! Wow, did the weekend fly by or what? One minute I am prepping for stamp club and the next it is already Sunday night!

Here are the last 2 projects from Saturday's Stamp Tramp Meeting.
The first card features "Fifth Avenue Floral" which is a favorite among my stamp club (and myself). Color combo is Kraft, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and a touch of Kiwi Kiss. I used my handy dandy "Beautiful Butterflies" die, of course, to make the bling-y butterfly in the top left corner. We stamped the words on transparency plastic (which SU! will have available again on April 1st), and glue dotted them to the stamped vanilla piece. Dots were covered with Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and a Chocolate Chip Jumbo brad.


What's that? Oh, another butterfly! You must be thinking, man, she loves those darn butterflies. You would be right. I think the butterfly die for the Big Shot is my absolute fave item from the new catalog. I just can't stop using it. I added it to this 8x8 scrapbook page that also features the "Simple Friendship" stamp set, which of course, includes a beautiful butterfly stamp, that I DID NOT use on this layout. However, I did add the swirl and little leaves from the Sizzix Sizzlet Dies for the Big Shot. And by the way, I sold another Big Shot this weekend. I'm tellin' ya, I don't know what I did before I got that little machine. How did I live without die cuts? This layout also features Raspberry Tart DSP, a dark brown button from Button Latte' and Dazzling Diamonds. The color combo is my new addiction: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red and Pirouette Pink. I think those colors together are so bohemian and funky. Whaddya think? I think I am totally falling in love with scrapbooking again. I was so intimidated before, because I just had too many scrapbooking supplies and it took forever to complete a layout, because there were just to many choices. Just ask my friend, Tia. We would get together to scrapbook and it would take us literally HOURS to make just one 2 page layout.
I love Stampin' Up! because everything is already coordinated for you. Everything from Designer Series Paper to buttons to brads to ribbon. No hard decisions to make, and if you want to make it even easier, invest in a Simply Scrappin Kit, which includes cardstock, DSP and die cut stickers all coordinated to match. You just add the button/brads, ribbon and your favorite pictures. I will be sharing some really cool ideas made with a Simply Scrappin' Kit real soon, so stay tuned.....

So I hope you enjoyed the projects. I am loving this 8x8 page so much that I might submit it to an SU! art contest. If you like what you see here you might want to come to my 8 for 8 class on Thursday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. We will be using the Butterfly die quite a bit as well as others. You get to make 8 projects for only $8.00, that's even cheaper than Hallmark!

One more thing: I (and a few demo friends) are lucky enough to attend a Stamp-a-stack class taught by THE Patty Bennett. She is actually giving us a PRIVATE class, and if you would like to join us the cost is $18.00 and the class will be held on Saturday, April 4th @ 6pm in Hercules (Bay Area). We will be leaving the Modesto area at about 3pm, meeting Patty for dinner at 5pm and then on to class. She must receive your registration fee by March 21st, so contact me for more info. This is an opportunity of a lifetime, because she is an awesome demonstrator as well as nationally recognized. It is a privilage and honor to be offered a private class with her, so let me know if you would like to come with us!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Wow! I love these two projects. The scrapbook page is awesome. Your 8 class sounds wonderful. Is there a way to do the class at home?

Lorraine Toll said...

Great scrapbook page I love the color combo simple yet elegant. of course it also help that it has a butterfly. Love it. TFS