3/13/09

Scenes from Ruby's Open House


Hello Stampers!
Here are a few quick peeks at Ruby's Open House from last Friday Night. She had about 18 people show up and we had a lot of fun. It was like a mini stamp camp! Check out the pretty napkins that Tia stamped with "Fifth Avenue Floral"!
The trendy trees card was what I taught to her guests and here is a small display board I made for it.


These pencil toppers were made with the daisy die for the Big Shot. I didn't even have to add anything to get them to stick, the fit perfectly on the pencils! We stuck them in flower pots and used them as centerpieces for each project table. The little peppermint patties were also stamped for Ruby by Tia. She did "Trendy Trees", "Tart & Tangy" and "Just Buzzin By". Each one matched the project for that table. This pic was from my project table.
What do you think about this cake? We had to get this because the project that Ruby demo'd featured "Just Buzzin' By" and so did her favors. Tia and I found it at Save Mart and thought it would be perfect for the open house.
I will have pics of Ruby's bee card as well as the card that Tia demo'd. She did a 6x6 recipe card for cherry cake. We will turn her into a demo yet!
BTW, if you are one of my friends or customers and live nearby, our group of friends is having our quarterly recipe swap night. We swap 6x6 recipe pages for our cookbooks and we also bring the prepared recipe that is featured so we can sample each other's dishes. We have done this a few times now and it has turned out really nice. I have already filled up my cookbook and am starting another with all of the recipes that I have collected from just 3 meetings. It's just a fun girls night out for all of us and you are welcome to join if you are in the area. Our theme this time is "Easy Appetizers". I don't know about you but I can make a whole meal from appetizers, so this is a good one for me. We will meet at Tia's on Saturday, April 25th at 6:30 so let me know if you want to join the fun!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Wow! What wonderful projects! The cake matched perfectly.