3/25/09

Watercolor Crayon Resist Technique


Hello stampers!
Today I am sharing a card that I made on Sunday that features the watercolor crayon resist technique. I was checking out one of my fave blogs, Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and she always has great video tutorials. So that day she featured the Watercolor Crayon Resist Technique, which was something that I had never done with my watercolor crayons. I totally cased her card, added a little extra Basic Gray and some ribbon. Now, I did not have the Baja Breeze Satin Ribbon from the Valet Ribbon Originals set, so I used our Whisper White Satin Ribbon (avail. April 1st, in the Mini) and dyed it using my Baja Breeze Ink Pad. I loved the way it turned out and I loved this card, especially after I added glitter. Here is a link to Dawn's awesome tutorial and also check out her video on our Watercolor Pencils, it is really helpful.
Supplies used on this card: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White CS, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss Ink Pads, Sponge daubbers, Whisper White Watercolor Crayon, White Satin Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Niki said...

Beautiful card. I love how you dyed the ribbon. That looks really great!