4/19/09

My Swap for Imprints Meeting

Hello stampers!
Long time no see! I have finally gotten the chance to catch my breath and stop and take a moment to post something. Thanks for bearing with me. It has been a very busy April for me and May is going to be more of the same. I do want to share a card with you today. This is my swap that I took today to our quarterly Imprints meeting at Bev's. We meet every few months to make projects, share ideas, swap cards, receive recognition for out efforts and just to have some girly stampin' time! Our swap theme this time was masculine and I had a really hard time because I don't have a lot of man sets, so I thought I would try to make something with this tree from "Thoughts and Prayers". I love this image and I used Chocolate Chip and Old Olive to make it a bit more masculine. I ran the Old Olive piece and the 2 small strips thru my Big Shot using the wood grain Texturz plate to match the tree. You will probably have to click the picture to see a closer look. Sorry it is blurry, not sure what happened there. Anyway, I added some vintage brads and eyelet scalloped the edges for some more texture. I know the eyelet border punch is a bit girly, but I tried leaving it straight, tearing it, using the other scallop edge and nothing looked right to me, so I went with this look. I used the corner ticket punch for the top edges. I added the oval image from "Oval All" and mounted it on the scalloped oval. This was actually a very simple card to make and could be used for either a guy or girl. Anyway, this was the best I could do for "masculine" but I think it turned out okay. Tomorrow I will post the swap that won the prize, which of course was stamped by my BFF and downline, Ruby J.
She always wins the card contests, darn her, but her card really was pretty awesome!
So check back tomorrow for details and a pic. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful card!