6/15/09

Hello Great Friend, goodbye Kiwi Kiss...


Hello stampers!
Here is a card I created a little while back for our last stamp camp. I chose to feature the reverse masking technique on this card because I feel a little bit like we sometimes get away from learning new techniqes, now that we have the Big Shot, which creates so many awesome projects! I have featured this technique before at my stamp club, but thought that maybe there were a few people out there that had not done it yet, and I was right. There were some stamp campers that were new or had never learned this technique, so they were happy to learn something new. I designed the card, but my upline Kim demo'd the project at camp, and her card featured a little bit of a softer color palette. I saw the Regal Rose/Kiwi Kiss color combo at a class at Patty Bennett's house and I really liked it for summer. I will be sad to see Kiwi Kiss go, but I am very happy that the "Great Friend" stamp set is in the upcoming catalog! Yay!
You can find an awesome tutorial (by Beate Johns) for reverse masking here:

You can incorporate your Big Shot by using different shaped maskes like I did for this card:

I used the scalloped oval die for the Big shot and then just sponged inside the oval.

3 comments:

scrappindianeh said...

Cute cards Julie. I learned this technique at stamp camp and I loved it. I will definately use this technique again.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I haven't tried this technique yet.

Brenda said...

Those are great cards Julie! Thanks for the link for the technique. I have never done this before so I am anxious to try it out.