6/17/09

Recent Stamp Camp Projects

Hello stampers!
Happy Wednesday! Only 2 days left until the weekend and I am ready! Here are a few cards that were projects from our Spring Stamp-arama Stamp Camp in Modesto in early May. We had a great turnout and awesome projects! The one above was demonstrated by my good friend, Beverlee. She is such a talented lady and an awesome upline to have. I don't own this stamp set, but her card makes me want to get it. It is called "Out on a Limb" and it is just so darn cute! The tree comes with so many cute little elements, like a bird, butterflies and a cute little tire swing. I love how the Top Note Die Cut is off center and the textured Kiwi Kiss Background. I hope this stamp appears on the dormant list because it is not in the new cattty! Also used on the card were the scalloped oval punch and "Oval All" stamp set.
This card was made by my BFF and 1st ever recruit, Miss Ruby Johnson. I loved this card so much that I featured it at my workshop in May. Our stamp campers LOVED this card, it got great comments and scores on the exit survey they we give to our guests. I think they really liked seeing a project with bright colors. The layout on this card is so cool, because it is universal. Just switch out the colors and stamps and you get a whole new look. I will share more on that later in the week. This card features, "Just Beachy", which is a stamp set from the current mini catalog, but is not in the upcoming catty. Hopefully, it will be on the dormant list as well, because I just love it. Ruby used the blender pens and ink pads to watercolor those fish to match the "Washington Apple" DSP (bye, bye...sniff,sniff). She made a very cool embellishment using the small oval punch and brads. I cannot say enough about what a good investment a punch is....the amount of embellishments that you can create is endless! No need to buy a bunch of stuff from your local craft store, you can create your own from your Stampin' Up! punches and card stock! Hope you like the cards and I will catch you later!
Gotta go finish my MISS June Swaps. I will share in a few days, when they have reached their destinations!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Cute cards! I like the layout and bright colors of the second color.