6/14/09

Stamp Club Cards

Hello Stampers!

Here are a few cards from yesterday's Stamp Tramp meeting. I showed the girls the "Floating Re-inker" water color technique and they were a little hesitant at first, but when they saw how easy it was, they loved it. I gave them options on their colors, so they changed up their flowers a bit from my sample. The card above was made by Brenda and I think it came out beautiful. The card below was my sample and I like Brenda's so much better! Her lavender flowers have a very soft, delicate look to them. My flowers and color combo was a bit bright, but I was trying to work outside of my comfort zone...LOL! You can find an excellent video and tutorial on my friend, Patty Bennett's blog here: http://pattystamps.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2009/04/watercolor-roses-technique-and-video-tutorial.html

I thought I took more pictures of the other girls' cards but I guess I didn't, darn it. I wanted to feature Diane's and Amelia's cards, because they were different and pretty as well.

The card below we made in honor of Father's Day and my dad's birthday in June. I gave the girl's the option of making it for either Father's Day or birthday. We used retiring In-Colors, Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point Blue. The DSP is Good Morning Sunshine (retiring as well) and the birthday words are from the set "On Your Birthday" (not retiring - yay!) We ran the blue piece through the Big Shot using the Wood Grain texturz plate to match the cute litte Woody from the "Just Beachy" Set. We added a mini library clip to complete the look. I know my dad will love this card and Sandra's hubby is a surfer, so he will too!

Went to dinner with my downline after club and had a great time. Love my girls, Ruby and Diane! We went over the new catalog and talked about some upcoming events. I can't wait for you all to see the awesome new catty! There are so many great products in there, but I think the project layouts are the best I've seen so far. What I really like about the SU! catalog is that it is an IDEA BOOK as well, over 208 pages of awesome cards, layouts, gift and home decor items. If you haven't reserved your copy today, contact me soon to do so!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! Sounds like you had fun! I can't wait for the new catalog.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment Julie. I was one that thought the card would be hard but as it turned out the hardest part was cutting out the flowers. LOL
I can't wait for another class/technique.

Kathy said...

These cards are awesome. Love the idea, will have to try it.

Lorraine Toll said...

This card is so cute. I will be sad to see the in colors go.