7/8/09

Easter Blooms Convention Swap!


So I decided to pull out an old favorite that just does not get used often enough. "Eastern Blooms" is such a nice stamp set and I guess I was so use to pairing it up with the Old Olive/Choc Chip/Pumpkin Pie color combo from the matching DSP from last year that I got a bit burnt out on it. BUT NOT ANYMORE!!! I was inspired by this gorgeous swap that I saw on Patty Bennetts Blog:
It was made by Mary Polcin (you might know her as the first SU! demo to reach a Million $ in sales.) I love how she paired up Kraft with the new Rich Razzleberry. I love how the large flower came out with the Razzleberry ink stamped on the same color card stock. I used a pencil to curl the edges of the flower and it added just the perfect touch. Can you believe that I made a card without glitter?
Supplies used:
Stamp set: Eastern Blooms, Teeny Tiny Words
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Whisper White Craft, White Gel Pen
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, Flower Trio Punch, Ticket Corner Punch
Accessories: Vintage Brad

2 comments:

Beverlee said...

Julie, this is a beautiful card,I just love your work.

Beverlee

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combination.