8/19/09

CASE-ing the catalog AND a Contest!

Here is a card from the Stampin' Up! catalog. Pretty cute, right? Well look below and see what I did with the idea?

Do you know that your Stampin' Up! Catalog is NOT just a catalog? It is also an idea book with many great ideas to CASE (copy and share everything) or get inspiration from. I took the card from page 126 and changed up the colors and textures to make this Tart and Tangy birthday card. Don't these colors remind you of your mom's kitchen during the 70's? Remember the Corelle dinnerware that had the little olive colored flowers around the edges? My mom had that set and this card totally reminds me of it.
So what do you think of that? I think it is a nice improvement, don't you?
Now, if you pick a card or project from the new catalog and case it exactly or make it your own and send it to me, I will post it on my blog and have my readers vote for their favorite card. I will keep this contest open for 30 days and the winner will receive a free pack of cardstock in their favorite color!
Make sure all products used are Stampin' Up!
So have a little fun, add a little of your own flair and get busy CASE-ing that project!
Leave a comment if you would like to enter the contest and I will send you my mailing address!




1 comment:

scrappindianeh said...

Great card Julie! I think your version of the card is much better. I'm going to try your contest!