9/19/09

Cards from last night's class

Hello friends!
Well, last night was the debut of one of my new classes: Just Cards ~ EXPRESS! This will be a monthly class that will have a different them each time. My goal is to give everyone the chance to make cards for all kinds of occasions. Last night's them was Wedding/Anniversary. Of course, I also bring other sentiment stamps so my stampers can customize their cards to whatever occasion for which they might need a card. The cards are very quick and easy designs so it doesn't take too long to make them and you get to stamp matching envelopes for them as well. Well, our group last night had so much fun! We were just dying in laughter over Brenda's stories. She is such a card! Which is perfect for a card making class...LOL! Yes, I know, bad joke. But we did have a blast laughing at her crazy stories. It was great to have a girl's night out!
Anyway, the card on top was cased from one of my very favorite card designers and fellow demonstrator, Kimberly Van Diepen. I loved the simplicity of this card. Just a bunch of circles stamped with "Circle Circus" plus a bunch of of circles punches with various punches and then ran through the Big Shot with the "Final Press" Textured Impression Folder. I love the Whisper White paired with Soft Suede. Very elegant!

Now you might recognize the card above as being very similar to one of my convention swaps. The color combo and layout are the same, but I ran the flowers that were cut from the "Flower Folds" die through the Big Shot using the "Petals-A-Plenty" Textured Impressions Folder and added this sentiment from the "Full of Life" stamp set. The flowered piece in the middle was stamped with one of the stamps from "For All You do" and punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch. It is kind of hard to see, but the Whisper White Background piece was also embossed using the "Elegant Bouquet" Textured Impressions Folder.
I will post more of the cards that we made as well as some that didn't make it to the class that night. I just got carried away making Wedding/Anniversary cards and ended up making way too many. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! Glad that you all had fun.