12/5/09

Target Inspired Card

Target Card

My card
So here is a card inspired by a card that I saw in Target. You know how Target always has a whole aisle of boxed Christmas cards for the holidays? Well, I was there with a friend looking at them and realized that an entire 5 foot section of this aisle was dedicated to cards that were supposed to look handmade. Now don't get me wrong, they looked nice, but you could tell they were made in a factory. Now why would you buy a box of cards that are supposed to LOOK handmade when you can just make them yourself? So I snapped a picture of the card with my Blackberry phone (so sorry for the blurriness) and I went home and recreated it the Stampin' Up! way, which of course made it look better....lol! I liked the fact that the colors were non-traditional. What do you think? I used Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral and Whisper White. The background was stamped using our Bella Toile Background Stamp and the ornament was stamped with our Delightful Decorations set and punched with the Ornament Punch. The words are from the Level 1 Hostess Set called Holiday Best and they were punched with the Large Oval Punch and mounted on a piece punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. I punched the corners of the the two main pieces using the Ticket Corner Punch and added a little bow with Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon and as always, some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I liked the card so much that I used it in one of my holiday card classes. What do you think?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love it. How clever you are to case from Target.