1/16/10

Birthday card for SisterFriend!


Here is the birthday card that I made for my SisterFriend, Sandra.  I have no actual blood related siblings, but Sandra and her sis, Amelia are my SisterFriends, my Portuguese sisters and the godmothers to each of my children.  Yesterday was Sandra's birthday and this is the card that I made for her.  Today, Sandra and Lucas (her son and Natalie's best friend) joined us as we celebrated Natalie's birthday by taking a trip to the Lego store in Sacramento.  Natalie as been dying to go there and she had asked for money for her birthday so she could go on a Lego shopping spree, so we went.  Unfortunately, the Lego store in Sac is NOT like the Lego store at Downtown Disney, so Nattie did not find the items on her wish list, which meant a side trip to ToysRUs (where we saw a dude stuff a whole hook full of Sony Walkmans in his pants...LOL) and another trip to Target where Natalie finally got everything she wanted for her birthday.  One of the highlights of the day was our lunch at The CheeseCake Factory in Sac, it was yummy!  Especially the Fried Mac & Cheese Balls that Natalie ordered.....they were heavenly!  Sandra and I also scored some great buys at the Bath and BodyWorks store as well, which was awesome.  So here are the details on Sandra's card:

Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss and Basic Gray Cardstock. Basic Gray and Mellow Moss Ink.  I {heart} hearts & Well Scripted stamp sets.  Beautiful Wings & Heart of Hearts Embosslits for the Big Shot.  Finial Press Embossing Folder for the Big Shot. Half pearls from the Pretties Kit.  Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon.  Small Heart Punch.

I also special ordered a 1 line stamp with the following words to stamp inside Sandra's card:

To My SisterFriend

I think this stamp will be great to use on cards for all of my closest friends.  Just a another reminder on how you can get any kind of stamp that you want from Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Anita said...

What a fun day! The mac and cheese balls sound yummy. I love the combination of hearts and butterflies.