1/2/10

Pull-up Treat Holder

Happy New Year! 


 Here is a project from our last Stamp Tramp Gathering.  It is a pull up treat holder and I got the idea from the #2 Demonstrator in the US, Kimberly Van Diepen.  I am such a fan of her creations, she is big into Vintage/Shabby Chic, which is my favorite style.  Her original idea was a vintage Halloween gum holder, but I wanted to make mine more feminine, so I used the "Friends 24~7" and "Flores Suaves" Stamp Sets.  The color combo is Rich Razzleberry, Mellow Moss, Whisper White and Crushed Curry.  All items were stamped in Rich Razzleberry: the words from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, the butterfly image from "Flores Suaves" (which is found in our Spanish catalog) and the fluer de li background image from "Friends 24~7".  I sponged the butterfly with Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry and also a little bit of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, which I am happy to say, is now a basic item,  woohoo!  Love this paint!  I also added a bit of the paint to the background piece as well, for a little extra sparkle. The ribbon is Whisper White Taffeta and the flower is one of our white Crocheted Flowers with a Clear Rhinestone Brad in the center. The holder is adhered with Sticky Strip, which is the only adhesive that you would want to use to hold the box together.  I punched the holes for the ribbon with our Slot Punch and the ribbon is 24" long which is more than enought to give you a decent bow. I also added a strip of Sticky Strip to the outside of my holder and covered it with Chunky Glitter for some more bling.  Just love this technique!
If you would like to re-create this project, the measurements for the treat box are:

Cut cardstock at 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"  
 Score at 1/", 2 1/2", 3", and 5"

This would also be great for Valentine's Day as well, just switch out the vintage stamps for a Valentine's set.  Speaking of Valentine's Day, the next project you will see on my blog will be created with my BRAND NEW Spring Mini Catalog stuff.....I am so excited.  Now I need to get off of this computer and get busy creating so I can share with you later!  Have a great Saturday!


No comments: