1/11/10

Stamp Club Project #1



Here is one of the projects that I designed for my Stamp Tramp stamp club gathering last Saturday.  All of the projects were Valentine's theme. This card features a few of the new items that are available in the brand new Spring Occasions Mini Catalog.  I just have one thing to say:

 I LOVE THE NEW CLEAR BLOCK STAMPS!!!!! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!

I had my reservations when SU! first told us that they were going to inroduce the clear blocks and cling on stamps, but I love them and from this point on I will probably order all of my stamps for the clear blocks.  Here are my reasons why:
  1. Storage Factor:  The stamps come in a DVD case and all of the images are pictured on the spine of the case so you can store them bookshelf style and not even have to pull them out to see what is inside. AND they take up 50% percent space, which is very important to me.
  2. Easy Stamping:  No need for a Stamp-a-ma-jig for stamp placement. Since you can see thru the block it is super easy to line up your alphabet or 2 step stamping stamps.
  3. Easy cleanup: You will never have a dirty block again!  The clear blocks clean up with your Stampin' Mist and Stampin' Scrub. 
  4. Save Money: Our unmounted stamps are priced $5.00 to $7.00 less than the wood block mounted stamps. Yes, you will need to by the clear blocks to get started, but if you purchase a clear block with every unmounted set (which, again, are cheaper than wood mounted) you will pay the same as you would if you were buying wood, and you will have a full set of clear blocks in no time.  Or you can buy all of the blocks in a bundle and save over $10.00 (this was the option that I chose).
  5. And finally, the clear blocks are beautiful!  I know it sounds silly, but when I started taking them out of their packages I noticed right away how nice they are.  The have rounded, beveled edges and look just like glass.  The are just as thick as the wood and a bit heaver, which gives you a nice, even image when you stamp with them.  I feel like I don't have to push down on the stamp as much when I am inking it on the pad or applying it to my paper AND you don't rock it as much which means no extra ink where you don't want it.  I spoke with someone that owns one of our competetor's clear blocks and was told that ours our superior, so that is also a plus.
Anyway, that is my opinion, but judging from my workshop sales at stamp club on Saturday, I think all of my ladies agreed with me!  I think everyone was very happy with  the results of the new stamps as well as the other new products that I featured on my projects.

Now, back to the card!

Here is what I used to make this card:
New Products I {heart} Hearts Stamp Set, Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Sending Love DSP, Pinking Hearts Edge Punch.

Other supplies:  Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock. ChocChip Taffeta Ribbon, Modern Label, Word Window and Heart to Heart Punches, Final Press Textured Impressions Folder.

No comments: