3/10/10

Card #1 from "Stampin for the DeLay Family" Event

If you joined me last Saturday night for my class to raise money for the DeLay Family, then this card will look familiar!  This is my favorite card from the evening.  This project was inspired by a similar card made by another stamper and for the life of me I cannot locate her name.  When I find it, I will add it to this post.  I changed a few of the elements and the sentiment but it is the same layout.
 I absolutely love this color combo of Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Old Olive.  I sponged the edges of the cardstock and DSP with Close to Cocoa.  The DSP is from the Sweet Pea Stack and the stamp is from the Chic Boutique stamp set.  I added the coordinating Bermuda Bay Polka Dot ribbon and the bird from the new punch, Bird on a Branch.  The Old Olive piece was punched with the Eyelet Border Punch.  Markers of the same color combo were used to color the image.

I want to thank everyone that attended on Saturday (Diane, Brenda, Tonia, Sarah, Susanna and Megan).  It means so much to me to have such caring, generous friends.  I also want to thank my good friends Gerry, Tia, Dave, and Veronica.  They could not join us for the event but generously made a donation to the family.  Thanks to my Dad, Shelley and Sandra as well, they sent their checks directly to the family. You all warm my heart and make me proud.  All together we raised over $200 which will be given to the family in a handmade card, of course.  I will share the rest of the projects over the next few days, so come back soon!

No comments: