6/25/10

Queen for a day...

Here is a card that I made for display and a possible swap and a possible class project.  I just can't decide.  I did decide to whip up a few extra and put them in both of my shops so we will see how many people like my new favorite color combo.  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black and Crumb Cake.  I used the crown image from the upcoming "Artistic Etchings" stamp set, which will be available in 6 days...woohoo!  I have already gotten a lot of use out of this versatile set and am thinking that I want to plan a whole class around it.  Back to the card.  The background is our BG stamp, "Canvas", the words are actually one of my favorite quotes and the stamp is from "Favorite Thoughts".  I ran the Mambo piece of cardstock thru the Big Shot using our new embossing folder, "Vintage Wallpaper" which is a MUST HAVE.  I topped it off with a "Scallop Trim" punched border and a cute little rhinestone from my stash.  I punched out the crowns using our scalloped square punch, which I have decided that I need to use more often.  I also sponged some Basic Black ink around some of the layers to add that vintage look.  I love this card, if I do say so myself. 

Also:  NEW CATTIES ARRIVED!!!!!!!!  I received them last night and have dispersed a few to some of my stamp club members but if you are not a stamp club member or workshop hostess you can get your copy for just $5.00 and then receive $5.00 off of your first order. You can also get one free if you place a $50.00 order by the end of this month.  Just shoot me an email to reserve your copy!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I am loving the new catty. A class around this set sounds awesome.