8/22/10

Poolside Benefit

On Friday night my friend Shelley and I set up a booth for a local vendor fair that was a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  Many thanks to Michelle Bates-Faria for opening up her home and beautiful backyard for this wonderful event.  We brought our handmade paper goods as well as our catalogs and set up shop.  It was a lot of fun and we met some wonderful new people and tasted some delicious Jalepeno Peach Jam!  I had a very busy week staying up late creating cards and journals and preparing for the event.  Our booth came out very nice and our good friend, Diane, came out to hang with us.   The above card was one that I created just for the event and it is a favorite of mine.  I love the color combo of Sahara Sand (Haha-I didn't use Crumb Cake this time), Melon Mambo and Early Espresso.  I used the stamp sets "Friends 24~7" and "Flores Suaves" from the Spanish catalog.  I took some of these cards to Unique Boutiques yesterday as well.


Here is an assortment of my cards for sale. 


Here were some journals that I made.  Love making these, so easy and they turned out great. 


Our raffle prize was one of my journals and a beautiful card set that Shelley made with "Notable Ornate" and "Artistic Etchings".  You can view her card up close here: Shelley's Blog.
It was a great evening and Diane and I capped it off with Shrimp Quesadillas at Las Casuelas, yum! 

Yesterday I had my Just Cards Express class and then headed out to dinner at Cool Hand Luke's and a movie with my girlfriends. It was a GREAT evening and the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love" was really good!  I love Julia Roberts and she was wonderful in this movie.
I will share some of my class cards later.  I am relaxing today and then working on some swaps for a HUGE downline meeting at Beverlee's next weekend.  I cannot wait to spend time with this awesome group of stampers.  Of course, I will share with you the wonderful swaps that I get in return. 

No comments: