9/19/10

Hostess Club Project #!

Last weekend was my Hostess Club Stamp Gathering and this was one of the projects that I had my ladies make.  This card was created by me at midnight one night and I think that is when I do my best work!  I wanted to make a fall card but one with non-tradional fall colors (you know, browns, golds, oranges and greens) so I chose Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  The DSP layer is from Woodland Walk and the leaf image is from the stamp set "Autumn Splendor".  I texturized the black layer with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and added some Very Vanilla Stylized Hardware. The sentiment is from the "Grateful Greetings" set.   My favorite element of this whole card is the Antique Brad (addicted to these) wrapped around the center of Striped Black/Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon (thanks to my upline, Beverlee, for this tip!).  I was very pleased with my creation and I got lots of compliments from my ladies so I think they were too.  I liked this color scheme so much that it has inspired another project, one from our Fall Frenzy stamp night.  It is currently on loan to Vintage Market for display, but I will be making more and taking pics tomorrow, so keep watching!

1 comment:

bydesign.blogspot.com said...

Julie I love this card and the fall sign you made with this same idea! Great idea!