11/19/10

Vintage Frames

 Here is another cool way you can use all of your Stampin' Up! supplies: stamp your own artwork!  I picked these frames up in the Dollar Spot at Target about a year ago ( 3 in a pack for just $2.50) and just found them in my stash recently.  I decided to stamp some artwork to put in the frame as well as decorate the outside.  I used 3 of my favorite stamp sets (all current): Friends 24~7, Artistic Etchings and Flores Suaves.  I coordinated my striped grosgrain ribbon with the colors of my art and then I made some embellishments by running cardboard (from the boxes in which my Stampin' Up! goodies arrive) thru my Big Shot using various dies.  It works just like chipboard and guess what?  It is FREE!  And you are recycling it which makes this a very GREEN project.


 For the butterfly embellishment above I ran some aluminum roof flashing thru my Big Shot using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz XL die and then embossed the butterfly with my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.


Here is another butterfly, this one made from the recycle SU! box.  I loved these projects so much, it was hard to part with them.  I took them down to Vintage Market and put them on our Holiday Collection rack, so hopefully they will go to a new happy home!

No comments: