12/27/10

Bohemian Butterflies!


I know I said I wouldn't be posting until the new year, but I couldn't wait to share this project that I completed last night.  It is my Bohemian Butterfly Banner and  it was so much fun to make something other than Christmas...lol!  I made this version as well as a horizontal version.  I just got this stamp set, "Broadsheet Alphabet" and I love it!  It has such a vintage feel to it and it went perfectly with my "Beautiful Butterflies" that I cut with my Big Shot.  I also used our various Circle and Scallop punches and dies to create the many layers as well as the Large Scallop Square die to make the backers for my chipboard coaster panels.  The DSP is from my retired stash and I think some of these patterns are from before I was even a demo, but they were perfect for my shabby chic butterflies.   I took my banners down to Vintage Market to sell, but I would love to show you how to make one using our new Spring Mini Catalog Designer Series Papers!

Here are some close up pics:




Here is a closer look at the awesome alphabet set that I used:

Broad Sheet Alphabet Stamp Set
Clear Mount #120585
$29.95
(Clear is the way to go, cheaper & easier to line up images with your clear blocks).
Wood Mount #118724
$43.95

2 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW I will definately have to check this out at the shop.

Anita said...

Stunning! This alphabet has become my favorite too.