1/21/11

Swap Card

(Photo courtesy of Laura Pinto Nguyen)

I was recently invited to join a swap that was hosted by Laura Pinto Nguyen and this is the card I created for it.  This card is FULL of new Spring Mini products.  The stamp sets that I chose were Nature Walk and You're a Gem.  I absolutely love anything with birds, birdcages or butterflies so Nature Walk was right up my alley.  I love the vintage feel to it.  Some new accessories that I used were the Rose Red Seam Binding (OMG, love it!) and the Vintage Flower Adornments.  I love these little roses, just put a dimensional on the back and you are ready to go.  I also used the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Folder to add a little flair to the base of my card.  I also added a couple of our smallest adhesive pearls to the upper right hand corner of the card. The color combo that I chose for this project is Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Rose Red, River Rock and Very Vanilla.  I sponged a little bit of Soft Suede around the edges of some of the layers to add a little more "vintage" to the card.  The words, "love life, live life" are from You're a Gem and I punched and mounted them with the Small, Large and Scalloped Oval Punches.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love all the details.