11/21/11

Artistic Etchings Ornament


 I made these ornaments a few weeks ago with one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets: Artistic Etchings.  I love this crown and thought it would look great as an ornament.  I used our large scallop and circle dies and then attached a pretty glittered snowflake ornament that I got for super cheap at a local craft store using Crystal Effects.  I stamped and punched the crown with Black Craft ink on Very Vanilla card stock and mounted it on our smaller punched scallop also using Crystal Effects.  I ran both scallops thru the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to give them a little texture.  I punched a hole in the top with my Crop-a-dile and then tied some twine thru it to hand it on the tree.  I finished the whole thing off with some Champagne Shimmer Mist made by adding a few drops of our Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to 2 oz. of 70% rubbing alcohol.  I mix it up in an old Stampin' Mist bottle which sprays it perfectly and evenly.  It adds the perfect amount of bling to any project.


Until next time!

No comments: