11/12/11

Warm Winter Treats!

So as you may have noticed, I have not posted anything here in a couple of weeks.  I have spent the last 2 weekends up at my boyfriend's house in Angels Camp and just having a wonderful time!  Last weekend we took Natalie with us and on Sunday we got to play in the first snow of the season.  It fell in the Murphys/Arnold area (just up the hill) and it was just beautiful, as you can see below:


We also paid a visit to The Red Apple in Murphys and had their famous hot cider, apple turnovers and their amazing apple cider donuts! OMG, they were to die for.  I bought a dozen donuts to take home as well as a half gallon of sweet cider and needless to say neither of those lasted very long!  It did put me in the mood to get started on my warm winter treats for Vintage Market!  These treats are some inexpensive gifts that you can create for your neighbors, teachers, or just use them for stocking stuffers. 


The picture above is one of my Apple Cider bags.  I buy the Alpine Apple Cider packets and then package them up with creamy caramels or some Werthers Hard Candies. I cut a piece of coordinating card stock (this I emboss in the Big Shot) and slide it into one of our wonderful clear envelopes (a steal at $4.95 for 50!).  They are perfect for little gifts like this and look so much better than anything you find in the local craft stores. I just add some rustic ribbon from my stash and a cool Stampin' Up! tag and they are ready to go! 


These treats are hot cocoa packets wrapped in Christmas DSP and then topped of with these cute Santa Lollipops that I found at the Dollar Tree.  I made a matching topper for my bag (SU Medium Cello Bags), added my stamped and punched greeting and then wrapped it up in our Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (currently found on the SU Clearance Rack)!

I hope these ideas and the cool weather inspire you to get busy and start crafting for the holidays!
Until next time!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very cute & great gift ideas!