12/5/11

MERRY & BRIGHT TREATS!


I am so loving the "MERRY & BRIGHT" words from the Merry & Type stamp set!  I used them on 2 types of treats that I made last week.  The first is pictured above and it is a candy can treat/tag.  This item is great because you can tie it on a gift, bottle of wine or just put it on your tree!  I also used the Frostwood Lodge DSP to wrap around the tag to help keep the candy cane secure as well as add a decorative touch.  Glue dots behind the candy cane also help to keep it adhered to the tag.  I stamped and punched my words using the Decorator Label Punch.


This treat above is just a simple treat made with bookmark sleeves found on a craft website and our Top Note Die.  I ran the Top Note thru the Big Shot using the Northern Flurry embossing folder to give it a bit of texture (I also used it on the project above).  I used the Decorative Label punch again to feature my words and then snipped a snowflake that was cut with our Northern Frost Sizzlet.  I added a retired Always Artichoke button (gotta use em up) to the center of the snowflake for a little bling and a twine bow to the corner for a rustic look.  I love these peppermint drop candies because they are filled with chocolate and are so yummy, but more even more important, the wrapper is the perfect shade of Cherry Cobbler!

Until next time!



2 comments:

Rosita said...

Julie... I love the treat/tag...
I've been looking for something simple to give to my co-workers in x-mas.. and I love to share this ...

Thanks for sharing....

www.scrappinpleasure.blogspot.com

Julie Ramos said...

Thanks, Rosita! These are quite easy to make.