7/9/12

Welcome to Paris!


I created this card at Simply Stampin' Day....an event where the crafty divas in my circle of friends gathered to create and hang out.  I busted out my new goodies and couldn't wait to ink up the new stamp set, "Postage Due".  I thought it would compliment the ever popular "Artistic Etchings" set and I was right!  I love the clean and simple design of this card and the color combo is fun!  Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black.  The red and white polka dotted paper is from the new Polka Dot Parade DSP and I love it!  The die cuts are 3 of the largest image in the Apothecary Accents Framelits, 2 cut in turquoise, 1 cut in white.  The postage stamps were stamped and then punched with the postage stamp punch and then popped up on dimensionals to add some detail.  I topped off the card with Basic Black Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon, a Tempting Turquoise button from the Brights Collections and a Happy Birthday sentiment punched with the Modern Label punch and mounted on an element punched with the Scalloped Oval Punch.  I just love this card and it might be a contender for this month's hostess gathering...

Until next time ~
♥Julie

No comments: