3/28/13

Spring Fling card...


Last Saturday night was my Spring Fling Class in Turlock and boy, did the Stamp Tramps have a great time!  I am sure the people that walk past our classroom wonder what the heck is going on back there because we always have such a good, fun and LOUD time..LOL!!

Here is one of the cards that I designed for the class...it features a couple of techniques that I wanted to show my ladies...the chalkboard technique and the color wash flower technique.  When I was designing this card I wanted a vintage look and I really found it with those 2 techniques as well as this gorgeous Designer Series Paper that I just don't use enough!  It is called Natural Composition Specialty Paper and it is just beautiful.  Each sheet is Natural Kraft with a clear embossed design and it was so funny, everyone thought that I had stamped and embossed each piece for this project.  They were pleasantly surprised to find out that this paper is available in our Annual Catalog.  The color combo for the card was Pool Party and Calypso Coral (rumor has it that these 2 In-Colors will be sticking around just a while longer-YAY!!)

The flowers are from our flower trim that is available in Spring Catalog and I hope that they carry over to the next Annual Catalog because there are so many things that you can do with them.  I also used one of our doilies as well as the Woodgrain EF.




Here is a swatch of the patterns included in the pack of DSP, and believe me this photo does not do this product justice.  

Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper

I am sure you have seen the chalkboard technique all over the internet, it has been a very popular look this year, but if you have not seen the Color Wash technique for the flowers, here is a link to a great tutorial, courtesy of Jeanna Bohanon, of Stamp Time Somewhere: Color wash.

Here is a pic of my card from Instagram, which gave it an even more vintage look:


Until next time ~
♥Julie


No comments: