6/27/13

Foothill Village Project



I am so blessed to work from home! When Greg offered me the opportunity to quit my full time job of 17 years and become a full time paper crafter one of the first things that came to my mind was the fact that I would now have time to volunteer my talents & supplies to teach others how to craft.  The first place that I thought of was Foothill Village, a local retirement village up on the hill behind our home.  It has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made! These ladies really make my day and I think that they kinda like me too.  

In the past we have made cards and bookmarks but on my last visit they said that they would like to make something to decorate their front doors, so that is what we did this month!  I used one of my all time favorite Designer Series Papers: Everyday Enchantment (which is currently available on the Clearance Rack for just $2.19)!  The ladies loved the colors in this pattern, so it was a good choice!  And did you know that when you purchase a package of any of our Specialty Designer Series Papers, they are packaged with a 12x12 piece of heavy chipboard? This is a bonus, because chipboard of that quality is pretty pricey in the craft stores.  I always keep mine for projects like this and it's nice to be able to recycle something as well.

Here is what I did for the base:

Cut Pool Party cardstock 4"x12"
Cut chipboard 3.75" x 11.75"
Cut DSP 3.75 x 11.75"

You can use Tombow 2 Way Glue, Glue Stick or Sticky Strip to attach the DSP to the Chipboard and then the chipboard to the card stock backer. SNAIL will not be strong enough, so I would advise one of those three adhesives.

I then cut a 2"x11" strip of Pool Party, embossed it with one of my embossing folders, cut the 2nd largest flower from the Flower Framelits, added a a circle cut from the same package of DSP and glued them down to my base.  I stamped WELCOME with one of my retired alphabet sets, punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch and popped every other letter up with a dimensional while snailing down the others. I topped everything off with flower embellishments made from the new Pansy Punch, smallest scallop circle punch and  Itty Bitty Circle Punch.  I used our Adhesive Rhinestones and Candy Dot brad bases for the centers.  Did you know that you can color our Rhinestones with Fine Point Sharpie Markers to make them any color that you need?  A great tip I got from Patty Bennett!

Here is another look at the DSP that I used, it is a great deal and won't last forever!


Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper Item #126154
Clearance Price$2.19
Regular Price: $10.95 



Until next time ~
♥Julie

1 comment:

Cary said...

Adorable! You inspire me to craft more!!