8/5/13

Gorgeous Grunge meets elegance!


Happy Monday to everyone! Today has been my day for working on the computer: entering orders, updating all of my social media sites, perusing ideas for inspiration for upcoming classes and finally, updating this blog! I did get sidetracked by purchasing the coolest little gadget ever from HSN for scrapbooking, but I will share that later! Moving on to today's project share...

I always come back from SU convention very motivated and inspired and one of the projects that really got my attention was shared during one of the main stage presentations and it used the color combo of Black, Gold and Bermuda Bay.  I would have never put these colors together, but when I saw them, I was stunned.  Just gorgeous!! There was also a cool little technique shared in this presentation and that was the fact that we can use embossing powder on our buttons to change their looks! So, using the color combo and technique from that project, I created this card and I just loved how it turned out!

I used our Very Vintage Designer Buttons. Took one, rubbed in on my Versamark pad, dipped in Gold Embossing powder and heated it up.  It was quick, easy and mess-free! Gave a whole new look to the button and became the centerpiece for my card. I can't wait to try this with other colors of embossing powders! I used the Pansy and Blossom Punches to create my flower, but I stamped the splatter pattern from Gorgeous Grunge on the Bermuda flower and then used the brand new Pretty Print Embossing Folder on the Gold Flower. You can find this item in the new Holiday Catalog along with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder which I used on the black background piece.  I stamped this piece with the big swirly image from Everything Eleanor and Gold Encore Ink (also in the Holiday Catalog) before I embossed it and I really like the look!

Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Pretty Print Embossing Folder


Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder

The sheet music is from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper pack and I used the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge to stamp some Bermuda and Gold on it as well.  I think everything came together beautifully and I used this project for last weekends big Let's Stamp Class and it was a hit!

Until next time ~
♥Julie

No comments: