2/4/14

Cards For A Cure!

Today I am so excited to share with you my latest project! 

One of the most important things that I wanted to do when I "retired" from my  9-5 job was to take the time to volunteer for my community and to give back.  I have been very fortunate to be able to spend one afternoon a month with the ladies of the Foothill Village retirement community here in Angels Camp. We gather to make cards and other crafty projects and it is truly a joy to spend time with them. In addition to volunteering there, I have been searching for a way in which to use my crafty skills and stash of supplies to help others.  After learning that our family friend, Ellen Madison, is seriously ill and in need of a new heart, the idea came to me! What if I designed a Valentine's Day card in honor of her, sold it and donated all of the proceeds of the sales to her Go Fund Me account? 
So that is what I did. 
Here is the card that I designed for Ellen.
I thought February and the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday would be the perfect time to launch her card, as the heart is the symbol of love.



Here is the inside of the card:



And that is how Cards For A Cure was born!
I will be creating cards to sell to raise funds for various charitable causes and community members and organizations that need help.  This is my small way of giving back. I created a page for this project on Facebook:


I would be a happy girl if my blog readers that are on Facebook would go to this new FB page, like it and share it. I am happy to say that I have already received 11 card orders for Ellen's card since I launched the page last night! My goal is to spread happiness and find a cure, one card at a time!


Here is Ellen with her hubby, Ben. She is the first beneficiary of my Cards For A Cure project and I hope it does make a different in her fundraising efforts for a heart transplant surgery.  If you would like to know more about Ellen or follow her story or even make a donation to her Go Fund Me account, follow this link:


You can also follow Ellen's journey and lend her support by liking her Facebook page here:



Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Until next time ~
Julie
xoxo

No comments: