3/3/14

Project Life ~ Stampin' Up! Style


Have you heard about Project Life?
It is a fairly new method of scrapbooking.
It was started by Becky Higgins back in 2009 but has really taken off the past couple of years due to the simplicity of it. I love it because it is so much quicker and easier than traditional scrapbooking.
Instead of creating a 12x12 layout from scratch, you use pocket protector pages.
Inside these pages you insert your photos, journal cards and filler cards (patterned paper with or without embellishments). You can basically create whatever theme you want or need if you have paper, a paper cutter and a corner rounder. 
I am totally addicted to it!
Now, you can buy pre made kits in the craft stores, but I wanted to create something with my favorite Stampin' Up! products. It is so easy to do. For these 2 pages, I cut some of the new Sweet Sorbet DSP (FREE with any $50 order ~ it's a Sale-a-bration item) into 4x6 and 3x4 pieces and inserted them into the corresponding pockets. I added my photos, journaled a little about the pics and then added some wash tape and some cute embellishments that were cut with my punches.
Soooooo easy and very quick to put together!
I even stamped a sentiment from the "Feel Goods" stamp set to complete my layout.


See the little banner in the center square below?
That was stamped with the Remember This & That Rotary Stamp.
Perfect to record dates and phrases that are applicable for your layout!


I am so excited about this new way of preserving memories that I am offering a class this Saturday where I will be teaching you how to use your favorite SU supplies to create your own quick and easy layouts!

You will go home with 3 double sided layouts for a total of 6 pages to add to your book!
The cost for this fun class is just $12.75.
I will supply everything needed, you just need to bring your adhesive, corner rounder and a journaling pen or marker.

For more info, please go to my registration page:

Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time ~
Julie
xoxo




No comments: